Bay City’s Labadie Rib Fest hopes for ‘thousands of smiling faces’
BAY CITY, MI – With the smell of smoked meat and music playing throughout Veterans Memorial Park, the Labadie Rib Fest is in full swing.
While this event was a Bay City constant in the past, it’s finally back after ten years.
“It’s amazing. It’s been a ten-year dream,” said co-director Joel Tacey. “The worst of the pandemic is behind us, it’s time to get back to normal life. us and support our communities.
On Friday, July 29, the celebrity contest began at noon with ten contestants vying for the title of best ribs and best sauce. Some contestants have partnered with local radio or news media and charities, while others have only been paired with charities.
- Cowboys BBQ – Pat Cooper Joe FM (Santa Joe Charity)
- Johnson’s BBQ – State Street Academy
- Tender Bonez – Toni and Trish House
- Smokin’ Charlie’s – Caitlyn French and Ricardo Quintanilla with MLive (Disability Resource Network)
- This Guy’s BBQ – Seth Justice 98KCQ (pink background)
- Fat Matt’s BBQ – Matt Bingham Z93 Morning After (Literacy Council)
- Piggin N Grillin – Bay County Habitat for Humanity
- Kretschy’s barbecue – Recovery paths
- Famous Dave’s – Big Brothers and Big Sisters
- Smokin’ Bob-B-Que – Mary Ida Doan Santa House
For the best ribs and sauce, here is the list of winners:
- 1. Fat Matt’s BBQ
- 2. Smokin’ Charlie’s
- 3. This guy’s barbecue
Related: Lighting the fire: Bay City’s new ‘Labadie Rib Fest’ kicks off this week
Apart from celebrity cuisine, the festival offers several other things to do, such as visiting the petting zoo, supporting local and foreign vendors, live music, and more. Click here to see the full schedule of events.
Hours are Saturday July 30 from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Sunday July 31 from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. It costs $12 per person to enter with free admission for children 12 and under.
“We’re hoping for thousands of smiling faces, happy competitors and a buzz around Bay City that’s never been seen before,” Tacey added.
Learn more about MLive:
Concert lineup announced for new Labadie Rib Fest in Bay City
Labadie Pig Gig will return to Bay City in July, but with a new name
Don’t miss the summer sunrises over Lake Huron
“I couldn’t be more proud of them.” John Glenn’s Pompom Squad Rocks “America’s Got Talent”
Fire breaks out at Georgetown Logistics in Buena Vista Township
‘Step back to a simpler time’ with a stay at Saginaw’s Montague Inn
A private log house hits the market in Caro
Photos and video show the devastation caused by a condo fire in the Saginaw area that displaced dozens of people
Saginaw area fireworks continue on Ojibway Island