Department of Defense and Priceline expand travel for US forces
Launched in 2019 to thank the military community for their service, American Forces Travel is a unique and unprecedented travel platform: a global collection of exceptional offers, brought together in one place exclusively for those who have served on behalf of our nation. The site is the result of a joint service initiative between the six branches of the United States Armed Forces – the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Space Force and Guard Coast – and the National Guard, as well as the Office of the Secretary of Defense and Priceline, which operates the platform at no cost to the DoD.
In addition to improving access to Armed Forces Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) benefits, every booking on American Forces Travel generates revenue used to support critical quality of life programs for members. of the service and their families.
The platform offers privately traded deals on the world’s most popular hotel, flight and car rental brands with over one million deals in over 71,000 destinations worldwide, providing a quick and easy access to a wide selection of discounted leisure travel for the military community and their families. Qualifying users can save up to 40% – 60% on leisure travel.
“Priceline is proud to support American Forces Travel by providing the best travel deals the industry has to offer to the brave Americans who support our country through military service,” said Brett Keller, CEO of Priceline. “We are pleased to expand this program to an additional 16 million veterans who have served in United States Military.”
MILITARY STAR card
As part of the expansion, the MILITARY STAR card is now available as a payment method in thousands of heavily discounted hotels. The MILITARY STAR card is part of the exchange credit program under the Army and Air Force Exchange Service and offers exclusive credit benefits to military personnel and their families, including including a competitive APR regardless of credit rating and interest reduction during deployment.
Verification of eligibility
American Forces Travel is open to all military and affiliated military personnel who are eligible to use the Morale, Welfare and Recreation programs. New users will be asked to verify their eligibility with the Ministry of Defense through the site. Once verified, they are free to use the site to book discounted trips around the world. The verification process is secure and the information requested will not be retained.
Under the extension, 22 million people will now have access to the site, including:
- All active duty military personnel who serve in the military, marine corps, navy, air force, space force, and coast guard
- All members of the Reserve and National Guard components
- Coast Guard Auxiliary Active Duty
- All current and retired National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) active services
- All current and retired US Public Health Service (USPHS) active services
- All retired military personnel, including Reserve and National Guard eligible for retirement
- Eligible family members who are officially sponsored (ID card holder) by authorized clients in the above categories
- All Medal of Honor Recipients
- All veterans of the United States armed forces with honorable or general release status on honorable conditions
- All Veterans with a Service-Related Disability, all Veterans who are recipients of Purple Heart, all Veterans who are former POWs, all individuals approved and designated as primary family caregivers of eligible Veterans under the program. comprehensive family assistance from the Department of Veterans Affairs Caregivers.
- All civilians in the Department of Defense and Coast Guard, including Restricted Fund Employees (APF) and Unrestricted Fund Employees (NAF)
- Full-time paid employees of the American Red Cross and United Service Organizations (USO) hired in United States and serving at U.S. DoD facilities overseas
Eligible customers can register, book travel and find more information by visiting AmericanForcesTravel.com.
Connect with Priceline on:
About the travels of American forces℠
American Forces Travel℠ is a new morale, welfare and recreation (MWR) program resulting from a joint service initiative combining the efforts of each of the six service branches (Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force , Space Force and Coast Guard), the National Guard and the Office of the Assistant Under Secretary of Defense for Military Community and Family Policy. American Forces Travel℠ is transforming the way MWR provides online recreation services to our members and their families, empowering them to revitalize, reconnect, be well and most importantly, be mission ready. . In addition to dramatically improving the quality of life for the military community, American Forces Travel℠ will inject vital revenue into MWR programs by providing commissions on every booking made.
Price line, part of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is a global leader in travel offerings. Priceline offers exclusive discounts on hotels, flights, alternative accommodations, rental cars, cruises and packages. We have over a million homes, helping travelers find the right accommodation at the right price. We negotiate great deals every day and put our best prices on the Priceline app. Our deep discounts on hotels, flights, rental cars and more are also distributed through our partnership brand, Priceline Partner Network. With free cancellation on many fares, 24-hour customer support, and the option for prepaid and paid-on-arrival reservations, Priceline helps millions of travelers be there for the times that matter. For us and for our customers, every trip is big business.
For more information, please contact:
Christina bennett, [email protected]
Stephanie Perry, [email protected]
SOURCE price line